16 October 2010

the stuff I made with all that crap I said I'd make stuff out of

I did make these in the one day I said I would, even though I wasn't sure what I was going to make. mostly it involved things with legs that are only just stable. they are stable though. stable enough

1.

1. ok so in this picture this 'shelf' is still drying and it's not for the counter top. it's a custom made shelf to go next to the drinks fridge where it now provides space under AND on top. productivity of that small area DOUBLED. done

2.

2. this is another shelf with the legs. I say 'the' legs because this, in my weird little construction area, has now become a term for four long things, one of which is somehow always about 3mm short even though I measured them all right, stuck to a flat thing, no matter how misshapen or found in a skip it is. phew

3.






3.say hello to my new napkin holder. amazingly I have finally found an actual purpose for that old casio that I pulled apart. well I have used it as a mean lollipop holder for exhibition openings but that time has been and gone. now it is mounted on my kitchen wall with a custom wooden shelf in place of 6 octaves of plastic. it holds my folded napkins all ready to be picked up and used. it's a complete WIN

4.



4. and these bad boys are my little red buckets hanging from the wire hooks I made utilising the spaces where buttons like 'rhumba' and '8 beat rock beat' used to be. at the moment they hold random stuff like cocktail sticks (not even sure why I have those) but soon I hope to grow some cress in them

5.















5. ok I never made this but I did bang it on the wall. thanks ebay for the french filter holder. I have no idea what it says on it. I assume it's some place

6.
















6. this is a GREAT shelf. I was needing extra counter space so this beauty gives me that because I've moved my scales and grinder over here. also it had a hole (used to be the end of a desk) so I have a little cup holder. also I made a towel holder. get in

7.































7. ok so this wasn't essential and doesn't really increase my productivity, but it IS an individual coffee bar made out of lollipop sticks. after seeing a coffee bar for my filter system selling for around £300, I decided to subvert the market and make my own one. I made my first one for like 20p worth of scrap wood and it's just as good. maybe those expensive one look nicer. I like mine. I'm going to make one for 4 this week. I made this lollipop one as a kind of show piece I guess and also whilst having a conversation with a friend at the gallery. £300 my arse




8. as a gallery, we've needed to clear this issue up for a while in our toilet