26 February 2012

books

this is my third illustrated book. I started my first one because I needed something to absorb some energy to draw and some ideas for stories I'd come up with to occupy my son's imagination during walks to and from school, to and from the studio. anyway, now I'm on number three. I've told my son this story about 100 times, it's one of his favourites (having a keen interest in all things nature) andI actually think it's a fairly good story. it's informative. actually the way I have chosen to draw it has turned out to be a task beyond any other illustration work I've done. I wanted to 'wow' future publishers at how much ink I can cram into one page, but in actuality I'll never be doing a book in this style before. I've been banging on at it for ages and if I didn't like the story so much, I'd maybe have given up. here's some rough pictures of some drawings I've done so far